Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Missouri Botanical Garden-Part 2

As I had mentioned in my last posting, there are many different plants, shrubs and trees blooming presently in the garden, one of which is the fringe tree, a native of eastern United States. 
The park does have an azalea-rhododendron garden but we saw blooming azaleas in other sections of the garden, one of which is the Japanese Garden.  In the above picture is an azalea bush along with a couple of Japanese maple trees.   This part of the garden was dedicated in 1977.  It has waterfalls, beaches and plantings designed with a theme of "garden of pure clear harmony and peace".  Spring is certainly a wonderful time to walk through this area of the Missouri Botanical Garden.
Something to look for when visiting the garden is Dale Chilhuly Glass sculptures, as well as other artwork, which can be seen in all areas of the park.  They certainly add to the beauty of the various gardens within the park.  The sculpture "Sole Provider" (artist Joe Mutasa) is located in the azalea garden.  It was a gift from the artists of Zimbabwe and Chapunga Sculpture Park "in memory of those who perished on Sept. 11, 2001". 
 I hope that the pictures in this posting, and the previous one, proves to you our readers the truth of my comment that I made when I noted that this is the best time of the year to visit the Missouri Botanical Garden!   Its beauty is quite awesome and I am glad I had my camera with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment