Saturday, January 21, 2012

This and That

I have received several inquiries recently regarding how our aged cat is doing. Amazingly he is still alive and relatively healthy. A lot of his fur is turning white and he sleeps a lot. He has come to find a very sunny window in our home where he now spends his morning sleeping. So one of my first tasks every morning is to make that spot available, and to lift the shades on that window the minute the sun comes streaming in. Below is a picture of the first morning when we found KC at that spot. He was waiting patiently for me to raise the shade, but I do think even if I did not let the sun come in, he would continue to sit there. He does dumb stuff like that, like looking at a wall with his back to us.
In a posting before Christmas I mentioned a movie which we saw being produced when we were on Hollywood Boulevard one Friday evening. Recently I saw a piece in the Los Angeles Times on that movie. The movie, "The Gangster Squad", is a Warner Bros. action drama based on a series of the newspaper's articles on Los Angeles' crime element in the 1940s. The cast includes Josh Brolin, Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, Nick Nolte, among others. The film is set to open October 19. I hope we remember to see the movie as we had been fortunate in watching one of its' scenes in the making. For people in Los Angeles this probably is no big deal as movies are being shot all over this town rather frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment